Pain Demands To Be Felt

So the other day I went to catch The Fault In Our Stars. Not that's it's any of your concern but yes, I went to watch it.. Alone.

I personally like watching such movies by myself because it allows me to see the movie in different points of view and analyze different parts of the movie without having someone next to me giving me comments on what they thought.

So besides the group of guys sitting to my right crying their macho-man eyeballs out while trying to hide it from each other in the darkness and the two girls to my left who were sobbing their lungs into a box of tissues, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Yes, it's extremely heart wrenching even after I've read the book and I know what's going to happen next but from this I managed to see the take in which the director and screen writers wanted to portray in the film.

It's still the romantic out of the blue love story of two star crossed lovers that we know it to be but the book tends to go in depth to their adventures and their feelings of death, their "side-effects of dying" and the community around them who supports and suffers with them. 
Yet the movie, it's about the heartbreak, the pain and the love.

Thus, the most appropriate quote for the movie would indeed be "pain demands to be felt" because that was the vision that the screen writers and director wanted us to feel when we watched the movie.
They wanted us to feel the character's pain.

When you've slapped yourself from crying your heart out from the movie, you ask "why did I cry? It's just a movie" well.. Their pain is demanding to be felt. The pain of loss, of sickness, of hopelessness, of fearing oblivion and the uncertainty of tomorrow.

So maybe what I'm trying to say is, besides the movie being a beautiful love story, it's also showing you that it's okay to feel hurt. It's okay to let yourself be consumed in the pain and struggles that fill you, because once the pain has been identified and you've mourned it, it becomes bearable.

If you conceal the pain, it just gets worse. Embrace it, let it out, understand it then grow from it.

That is life.

Comments

Popular Posts