Missing

I miss people.

All kinds of people.

From those I know, knew, and wish to know.

I miss the person sitting next to me when they leave even when I don't know who they are.

I miss the perfect family I never had. I miss the dysfunctional family I did have.

I miss my friends who have moved away and I miss the new friends that I've made.

I miss the love I gave and I miss the love I received... I still miss the love I get right now.

It's funny how you could miss something that you already have, but you do. You don't realize that your body misses the smallest thing that your conscious mind doesn't.

Your ears will miss the last song you heard before the silence, your arm will miss that accidental brush, your eyes will miss those beautiful eyes of a stranger that you looked into before you turn away.

It's only human nature to try and fill up that void. Hence we plug in our eyes to our iTunes, we look around for a friendly face in a crowd and we cross our arms to make us feel safe with the feeling of a touch.

I miss it all, the fresh air, the innocence before disappointment and heartbreak jades you to become cynical of life and love. So judgemental of the world and always second guessing yourself.

Basically, I miss me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I miss you too
Bmdhj said…
I miss you

Popular Posts