A New Day Has Come


So it has been a whole year since my last post & what's a better way to come back than to reflect what has happened in the past year.

My resolution for 2015 was to travel more & to be honest, I think I have achieved that as much as possible.
I've been to Japan, India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Australia.
Each place has blessed me with wonderful experiences and it continues to ignite my passion for travel. Each country has its own beauty and majesty which you cannot capture in pictures or words but it'll always be in your mind and heart.
If you were to ask me which has been my favorite, I could not answer you that. I've loved the snow, the food, the heat, the people, the culture and the love.

This year I will keep my passion for travel but I will add on something else, desire to grow.

I resolute to grow myself in any aspect. Be it to learn something new this year or to work harder in my job to reach the next level I've been eyeing, or to build my character or improve myself.

People always say to look forward to the next year & not dwell on what has happened, but I believe that to be able to grow and build yourself, you have to look back on your past.
Of course everyone has experienced their fair share of highs and lows. However, let us not see it as achievements and failures. Instead, let us see it as blessings and learning opportunities.

You have to stay humble when you look back on your achievements and good fortune. To know that all these came from your hard work & from the universe's blessings. That you are where you are now because of it.
You have to be resilient when you look back on your misfortunes and mistakes. To know that all these are not things to regret but to learn from and improve.

Other people do not make who you are, you are the captain of your soul. You decide who you want to be.

Last year my mantra was "Work Hard, Dream Big". This year is "Dream. Believe. Create. Succeed"
It cannot be in any better sequence.

DREAM of what you want to achieve. You must always set a goal for yourself to reach because only then will you strive for it.
BELIEVE that you can, for confidence is half the battle won. When you believe, you will push yourself to go further. Even so, stay humble because life is about the journey as we all are fated for the same destination.
CREATE your own opportunities. If you do not go for what you want, you will never get it. Don't blame fate or time if you don't get it, because you have to create your own possibilities.
Finally, once you have done all these you will surely SUCCEED what you want to achieve.

I hope everyone has had an eventful 2015 & that all of you are looking forward to a wonderful 2016.

Lots of love,
Peyton Tang

Comments

Popular Posts