True Independence

There used to be a time when I always knew I had someone by my side.
Someone who would pick me up when I fell, console me when I was down, hug me tightly and asked me what was wrong. Even when I said "nothing" and continued to cry, he would just hug me and not say a word. He didn't have to say anything, just having him sit there with me; to let me know that he was always by my side no matter what and that I could rely on him for anything.

The best thing he could ever have done for me was really just to be the only man in my life to hug me tight and say "everything is going to be alright. I love you so much." I don't ask for much, just for someone to do that to me.

You don't have to tell me what I should do because trust me, I already know. I don't need you to give me advise because sometimes what I'm going through cant be fixed. I just need you to sit there with me and tell me everything's ok and sit there silently letting me know I can rely on you to be by my side.

Unfortunately, this one man is gone and he's never coming back. No one can replace him and I've never felt a loss so big before.
This is the first exam he's not with me, the first Chirstmas, New Year and Birthday that he's going to miss.

I truly live on a blighted star and now I know what being alone truly feels. In time, I have to fend for myself harder than ever because once I'm out of school, I don't have authority to protect me. When this day happens, I don't even have someone to come home to, hug and tell about how my day went like always.

Daddy, not having you is super hard. But not having those little things of love you do, is ever harder.

Comments

Popular Posts