Friday, 8 september 2006

5.34PM

today was the worst day of my life.
at 10AM i went to health promotion board.
got a number and waited outside room 7. what lies behind room 7 is the problem.

outside, i waited anxiously. a tear streamed down my cheek followed by another one and it started to pour.
every time the bell rang i would look up pettrified for it to be my number.

when i least expect it, V1010 came up.
my heart sank. it was my turn.
my father dragged me into the room.
crying like a water fountain i stared at the doctor and nurse who were sitting behind the desk.

they kept on telling me not to cry and that there was nothing to be afraid of.
if they were me, they would be terrified too.

after a couple of questions, it was time.
the nurse told me to sit at a chair at the corner of the room.
i shook my head vilontly.
she told me, it's okay. no worries. it'll be quick and painless.

i sat at the chair grabbing on the my dad's arm.
the doctor came with my worst nightmare!
i dare not look at her.
i kept my head down crying like it was the end of the world.

she was peeling a plastic and i knew it was it.
suddenly, something hard dropped onto the metal table.
that's when i started to panick.
i didn't want to do it.

it was time.
the doctor came closer.
she wiped some alcohol onto my arm.
then she went.
almost immediately, she came back.
then she said, "oki this will be very fast"
i moved away, making sure there was a distance from my arm to her.
everybody said, "don't move, don't move"

i couldn't look up.
i didn't want to look up.
then, i felt a sharp sting on my arm.
i knew at that moment it was going to get worse.

it went deeper, and it reached the end.
it stayed there.
and i could feel the liquid enter my bloodstream.
the pain was unbearable..

i thought i was going to loose it.
i thought i was going to black out
when she pulled it out.
pressed cotton wool onto the spot and told me to hold it.

i held on as if it was my life.
bout 5 minutes later the nurse told me to let go.
hell no!
she wanted to look at the wound.
finally i let go.
she looked at the would snd she said, oki she'll be fine
and threw the cotton wool.

instantly, my arm felt numb.
i couldn't feel a thing.
suddenly, there was a sharp pain that ran through my arm.
it stayed on not leaving.

the whole day the pain remained.
until now the pain is still here.
this better be my last one, cuz i swear to God i will never take another one even if my life deepended on it.

what happened to me?
i had my immunisation against measles.

damn you measles! damn you and your stupid bacteria!
|cries|

Comments

Popular Posts