Left Out

6.24PM

In class, the people that i hang out with are Nicolette, Si Min, Ying Ru, Silvi, Germaine. The people that i hang out with who are not from my class are, Lycia, Jia Hui, Sheryl, Gurinder, Qiu Ting, Regina, Abigail, Sheila, Jun Tianm Andorria. The people who i hang out with who are not from my school are, Fay, Grace Ng, Grace Tang, Alecia, my GB friends and my church friends. The list would go on if i don't stop.
Do you see a pattern? Yes! The people i hang out with are mostly not from my class. This is why,

Janet* doesn't want to go with me anymore so she goes with Lucy* who goes with Charmel* who goes with Lynette* who also goes with Lina* who goes with Mital* who goes with Adreille* who goes with Susan* and every one of them goes with someone else who goes with someone else so i don't fit in into the picture.
Janet* only talks to me when she's sitting with me but sometimes she would also show me some attitude and when i talk to her she wont respond so i have to ask her repeatedly and then she'll show me attitude. |crosses eyes| Janet* will only hang out with me when we go out to watch a movie or when Lucy* doesn't come which doesn't really happen.

So i don't fit into any of the chains. So i have no other choice but to hang out with those who are not from my class. They might not know that i feel this way because i didn't tell them obviously! |sticks out tongue| I don't show my dislike that much but when i really feel dejected then i would sometimes show it by not talking and sulking away. But i mean they can't do that to people. Other people has feelings too and they don't want to be left out. Neither would any of them.
How would Janet* feel if she suddenly got "kicked out" of the circle of friends? How would Lucy* feel? How would any of them feel if they were "kicked out" of the circle of friends?? They would feel awful of course! They would feel rejected and unwanted. Well, that's how i feel everyday in class. I don't look forward to class but i still do for the sake of studying. I would rather change to a different class. At least i wouldn't be rejected like how i am always in class.

Somewhere in the first term i told Janet* about how i felt being left out and all and she began to hang out with me more but only for a couple of days. She then started to drift off and go back to her cirlce of friends.


Being left out of things are not fun. Being left out of discussions, conversations, meetings, plannings etc. it's not nice. Everytime all the girls would be talking about something and when i ask they would just say, 'Nothing, nothing". Sometimes the girls talk to the guys sitting around them and when i ask they say, "nothing, nothing".
That feels very downgrading. Like your self-esteem is being crushed. It's very heart-wrenching to be left out of almost everything. Sometimes having friends who are in a diffferent class is not that great either. They would have their own internal jokes and when they tell it to each other, you don't understand because you didn't know it happened. So yup.

Just wanted to say, "IT'S VERY HURTFUL PEOPLE!!!"



*names have been changed to protect the identity of the person said and for the protection of myself because no permission has been given to me to use their name in this blog post.
*names have been changed because the real people of the fake names read this blog page.






Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Comments

Popular Posts