sugar for bitter souls

Alright, praise be to God for today was a wonderful day!

I woke up early and went grocery shopping for all the necessary things to make cupcakes then I met Lithia at Eunos station around 1130am. We headed to my place to start baking. But first we added a little special touch to the packaging. We used wrapping paper and covered the boring white box.Once that was done, it was time to start baking. We made the basic mix & started building our arm muscles with all the mixing. It was Chocolate Fudge! Then we started pouring the mix into cute red cupcake papers.And here's the surprising part, we didn't use the oven to bake the cupcakes because my oven is so screwed up that it'll short circuit the entire house so we used the microwave instead!Who would have thought that a microwave could produce such awesome cupcakes??We kept trying out a few cupcakes to see how we should set the temperature and time for the microwave, to see whether the entire cupcake's cooked; inside and below, and how much of mix we should put into the paper so that it'll produce a perfect puffed up shape. We tried so much that after everything we didn't have the mood to eat the perfect cupcakes.

After completing about 40 cupcakes we decided to take a break and we walked to the shops near my house. We bought an additional wrapping paper because there was 1 more box that wasn't wrapped, we bought bubbletea for ourselves and coke for my dad. When we got back we started on the cupcake icing. Started from scratch and we did two batches because we wanted to have a range of colors, so we had yellow and pink icing.So once all the cupcakes have cooled and we've managed to find enough space to place all of them we started putting the 'icing on the cake' ;) And when all the cupcakes had a top to wear, we arranged them evenly in the boxes we had.And that was the completion of all cupcakes. But halfway through, Lithia became a woman and finally came of age. Her entire family's overjoyed and so am I. Luckily she came at my house and not somewhere else! She called all her relatives and told them the good news and that was honestly a great end to 2010! :D
Around 930pm, Aunt Ranjit came to pick her up with Uncle Kassey and Pravin. I gave them 2 boxes of cupcakes as a Christmas cum New Year's gift and Aunt Ranjit was so sweet as to buy me a New Year's gift! It's really nice too. Consisting of a necklace, charmed bracelet and earrings.Celebrated the coming of 2011 at home with my dad because I didn't want him to celebrate it alone and we had cupcakes together. Lithia keeps saying that my father is very cute. Haha! Around 1230am I headed down to Sanjeev's place and of course I brought a few boxes of cupcakes there! :D They liked it, Lithia's aunts, cousins & mom liked it too and we both were very proud of our success.
At Sanjeev's house they had a gift exchange and Aunt Vanessa got me a purse from pocillini (sp?) and because Sanjeev already bought me a purse so I'm just gonna use this as my make up bag. and they gave me my birthday present in advance but I'm not going to show you a picture of it till my birthday :D

And that was how I spent NYE!

Comments

Popular Posts