On Monday and Tuesday I helped out in the second cluster of my tribe with their retreat.
It was real fun :D

In the morning, we watched Fly Wheel.
It was my first time watching it although during my retreat they already screened it.
I had to go to school so I didn't get to watch the movie.

After the movie we had lunch & then we headed off to Kranji.
Yes, I went there the last time.
However... this time, instead of beautiful sunsets, we had beautiful dark storm clouds.

there was lightning nearby then it started to drizzle.

Honestly, they didn't have enough time for reflections.

Oh, Yuki sprained her ankle at Daniel Hall. She was too excited, jumped up and down & sprained her ankle on flat ground in sport shoes.
Poor dear had to walk everywhere on it.

From Kranji we took a chartered bus to MacRitchie Reservoir.
We had our reflections in the groups and it was really interesting to see R & Y "shooting" each other.

Y: Yes, how do you want to make your life count?
R: When I die I want to be remembered for the things that I've done.
Y: Like?
R: Like, if there's somebody who hurt their leg I might help them. Maybe only.. MAYBE.

Y: Shermaine you see! for the whole day he's been shooting at me you know! (hits S's bag) I'm venting my anger on her bag...
R: Aylwin you see! for the whole day she's been shooting at me you know! (hits A's bag)

it was super funny.

After reflections they did the "You let me lie down in green pastures, you lead me to quiet waters"
while they were doing that, a monitor lizard emerged from the depths of the waters...




thank God it didn't walk towards us.

We had dinner then we walked to the cemetery at Sime rd.
Amazingly, the walk this time was way faster than the walk I went through but it's the exact same way.
Maybe because I didn't need to pee so badly.
(shit, i forgot to take a photo of the long walk, sry)

At the cemetery, they did the walk. All of them did it on their own! So brave of them..
I helped out with the Lord's Supper part..
We then had sharings amongst ourselves(:

Then I went home.
Pam sent me home. It was a ride of a lifetime.
While on the road along the P.I.E.. the van started to make funny noises.
We checked everything and nothing seemed to be wrong.
At first I thought it was a flat tire but we dismissed that thought.

Suddenly, the van started to vibrate harder and the sound became louder.
At the red light I looked at the side rear-view mirror & guess what... the back tire was smoking! hahaha.
So we stopped at a bus stop & assessed the situation.
idk whether you can see it but the wheel is totally busted!

Tuesday I went back.
I went to the chalet from home & I dropped off way too early & I had to walk 30 minutes until I got to the place. I walked basically along the beach.
Had to pass by the sailing club which was totally awkward because all the angmohs were staring at me as I walked by along the beach...
maybe they were thinking of some MV which involved some sexy beach babe with long hair being blown through the wind walking along beach in her bikini then going into the water and emerging all wet and hot... OK OK, THAT WAS SO NOT ME.

I was sweating in a T-shirt & shorts in the blistering hot sun & turning darker by the second.
):

once I got to the chalet... OMG.

yes, this... is a CHALET.
it has 6 bedrooms, 4 huge toilets, 1 huge kitchen, 1 giant room that is the living room & dining room, 3 large empty spaces which just proves that the house is too big.
the grounds around the house is huge too and we played games there like it was nobody's business.

after the dirty games, they washed up, shared abit then went to bathe.
while they were doing all that, I was studying. Yes, unbelievable, I was studying.

they had a lot of free time after they washed up.
at around 6 they had their cooking competition.




As that was going on, I realised that there are so many people in PINK.
Ling ling came late so she's not in the picture. She too wore pink.

Anyways, after the great cooking competition, we had dinner & went upstairs to watch another movie.
Pay It Forward.
the ending was super sad. The young boy died from a stab which occured when he was trying to help a boy from getting beaten up and one of the bullies was holding a knife and "accidentally" stabbed him.
the bullies are only in 7th grade. that's about 8/9 yrs old?

yeap, after the movie I went home. Pam sent me, grace, ling ling & wan lin home.
this time... no flat tire. Thank God.
I missed CSI ):

Comments

Popular Posts