So do you want to be a radio DJ?

On Sunday (yesterday) 29th may 2011, I woke up real early because I was so excited to go for my first audition after Singapore Idol. Yes, for those of you who didn't know I did audition for it and I will mention again that Tabitha Nausser was the person standing in front of me in the line.
Anyways, the audition that I went for this time was "Do You Want To Be A Radio DJ" that was held at Orchard Central. The radio station I auditioned for was 98.7 FM. There were other radio stations such as Ria, Oli, and 93.3.
I went with Ardini who also took part in the auditions. In the queue we made new friends; Olivia, Sonia, Andrea, and Vanessa. We stood in the queue together for 6 WHOLE HOURS!! oh my goodness, I swear it was such a drag standing in line. Halfway through the queue, we just gave up standing and sat on the floor. Ardini even fell asleep cuz she hasn't slept the night. While we were sitting on the floor, Divian from 98.7 was hosting and he mentioned us to the entire crowd! Hahaha!! Told the crowd about Ardini sleeping also!
So at 630pm we finally managed to register and honestly, all our energy was already drained out from the standing and the waiting, I was worried I wouldn't have any energy left during the interview.
Ardini and Olivia got Shan and Rozz as their interviewers and they came out saying that they looked extremely tired and were kind of rushing the interview. But thank God I got a different room an with different interviewers. My interviewers were Divian and Georgina (98.7's production manager) and they seemed fresh and all that. The only question I got was "tell us about yourself" so hopefully I managed to sum myself up like typing in twitter with 160 words LOL!
So I guess it was a good sign that they laughed and so it was less stressful. I actually went in without being nervous. Maybe because Devian's voice was just too sexy but you know.... Whatever! 

After the grueling wait and the 3 minute interview (which I honestly felt like it was a visit to the polyclinic) Ardini and I went to Far East Plaza to eat at Cahaya.
We were SO hungry but when the food came and we started eating it, we got full halfway through the meal!
After dinner cum lunch, we walked around looking at clothes and honestly, sometimes I get so annoyed with shopping in Singapore because the clothes normally cater to petite, flat chested, skateboard girls (no offense ladies, we're all beautiful in our own ways) and so it's so hard to find a nice outfit that fits mr but also doesn't make me look fat because of my large chest and hips!
Gah! I wish I had a personal designer who will make clothes for me that fit so stunningly well on my body!! 

So anyways, it was an eventful day and I don't regret going for the auditions although I do agree that they should have held it for 2 days then the DJs would be fresh and the audition would be proper but okay.. Everything is in God's hands ans if I don't make it today, there's always tomorrow because God's plan is still in the process for me 

Comments

Popular Posts