Lucky

Keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard.

Well, yesterday was a really interesting day.
Went to study with Abs, Panda & Dionne at MPL.

We studied SS & apparently there's something wrong with me because I was studying the way I always study which is to draw a mind map while I'm reading and apparently I'm very slow. I don't know why! Everyone's already at conflicts in Sri Lanka and Northern Ireland and I haven't even reached Healthcare yet! Somewhere along the day I ditched my way and just read the book and decided to do mind maps after I've finished reading everything.

During studying, we of course would start talking and bitching or whatever it is you call it.
We even started talking about our government. Wow, SS has really corroded our brains! We talked about Lee Kuan Yew, Lee Hsien Loong, his son, his wife, their entire family basically. LOL.
(Any government officials reading this, don't worry we didn't plan anything against them we were just talking about their personal life)

& I have something to say.
I think I have ADHD.
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder affecting about 3-5% of the world's population. It typically presents during childhood, and is characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness and inattention, with or without a component of hyperactivity.
ADHD is generally a chronic disorder with 10-40% of individuals diagnosed in childhood continuing to meet diagnostic criteria in adulthood. As they mature, adolescents and adults with ADHD are likely to develop coping mechanisms to compensate for their impairment.

Well, at least I think I do. I've not been diagnosed by a professional or anything but based on that brief description, I really think I might have it.
I have a seriously short attention span. Once something doesn't interest me, I don't pay attention to it at all and I tend to do other things without realizing it. Take for example, when I'm studying, I tend to talk more than usual or I will start playing with my pen, my paper, start thinking of other things or looking around.
Come to think of it, I've never realized this as a serious problem. Oh dear! I've got to seek help.
Methods of treatment usually involve some combination of medications, behaviour modification, lifestyle changes and counseling.

Anyway, yesterday, we went to Burger King to have lunch. Went back and continued to study. For my case, I tried to study.
At about 6, Abs went to her grandmother's house leaving Panda, Dionne and me to study. Panda called her dad to say that she didn't want to go to her grandma's house cuz she wanted to stay with us because why?
Tzu Ming came down! So she didn't want to miss the action.

Tzu Ming (previously known as Zhi Ming) came and Dionne was the first to notice. As usual. Then he looked over and I waved at him and amazingly he still remembers me! LOL. Dionne wanted to wave at him too but he like walked away?
She shifted over to my side of the seat just to look at him and she kept staring at him like some pervert!
HAHAHAHA! Love her!
Anyway, we told Abs and she came back just to catch the action too. haiyo!

It was quite fun.

Then when the library was closing, he left and Dionne kept saying that she wanted to take a photo with him. But she didn't have the nerves to go up to him and ask so her chance disappeared as they (Tzuming & his friend) left.
His friend is short, but he's quite cute. I think anyway.

The four of us went to Mac'd because that was the only thing open at like 9.45pm? So we had dinner there.
Not long later, guess what? The FAKE ZM came!!! AHHHHHHH.
FZM and his friend came to mac'd to buy drinks as they were playing pool at the Marina Centre(?)
yeah :D
His friend is really short. He's only at FZM's shoulder. OMG right?
& I think they're like gay partners or something because the second time they came down, they went to the toilet together. Like how many guys do you know go to the toilet together?! Oh..Kay..
oh, the second time they came down, he walked pass this girl and her reaction was damn big when she saw him! She and her friends waited outside of mac'd for him to come out then they followed him for a while. Psycho.
DAMN. I've got competition. hahaha!

yes Abs, he smokes, I know. I'm anti-smoker too but if he doesn't smoke in front of me and if he sprays deodorant on himself after smoking and doesn't talk to me for some time after he smokes, then I guess I can handle it. Besides, I'm not very low maintenance either :D

He's hot ok! Tall, and ANGMOH!

man, I'm going to miss our study sessions. I'm going to miss seeing all the usual people at the library like Justin, King Kong, their friends from St. Pats, the KC girls, that Ngee Ann guy who skipped his A math paper because he didn't have the confidence that he'll pass it, Sharon who always seems to be there studying with that St. Pats guy who's also King Kong's friend, some irregular study people there and of course, I would miss studying with the ANDA, because together we're PANDA.
(Peyton, Abigail, Noelle, Dionne, Amanda)

Oh, & I'll miss that cute guy who's King Kong's friend who I don't know his name but I just think he's cute. But he's short.
Oh well..

It wont be the same if we just go to MPL to hang out. Because it's for sure that not everyone would want to go to MPL just to sit down and talk.
tsk.
In a way, I feel sad that school's ending. It's the end of secondary school. Can you believe it?! No more school drama, no more old friends, no more annoying teachers, no more lovely teachers, no more gossips and rumours of who's with who, no more gossips on who stole what, who got caught for what, no more Mari Kita in the morning and no more walking around in our school uniforms.

Next year, it'll be a new school, new friends, new teachers, new environment. We'll have to start from scratch.
Excited yet dreading it.
I really hope I can pass my Os. With how it went so far, I'm doubting it.

Symptoms of ADHD:
Impulsiveness: a person who acts quickly without thinking things through.
Hyperactivity: a person who is unable to sit still.
Inattention: a person who daydreams or seems to be in another world.

Other underlying conditions associated with ADHD:
Oppositional defiant disorder (35%) and Conduct disorder (26%).
These are both characterized by anti-social behaviors such as aggression, frequent temper tantrums, deceitfulness, lying, or stealing.

Primary disorder of vigilance.
Characterized by poor attention and concentration, as well as difficulties staying awake. These children tend to fidget, yawn and stretch, and appear to be hyperactive in order to remain alert and active.

Bipolar disorder.
As many as 25% of children with ADHD have bipolar disorder. Children with this combination may demonstrate more aggression and behavioral problems than those with ADHD alone.

Anxiety Disorders.
Commonly accompany ADHD, particularly Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. OCD is believed to share a genetic component with ADHD, and shares many of its characteristics.

Oh dear, those who know me, do these symptoms fit my condition?! :O

Comments

Popular Posts