National Day Rally (Mr Lee Hsien Loong)

6.25PM

Last night at 8PM was the National Day Rally speech by the Prime Minister.

I was made to watch it by my english teacher.

So anyways, his speech was really long. Well, of course it was long for a 14 year old girl like me. But it was very informative. He talked about Singapore's state now and the 5 main points he stretched on were:
1.The Economy
2.The Region
3.The Population
4.The Digital Age
5.Singapore Heartware

But the point that i was intruiged the most was when he mentioned my school. YES! HE MENTIONED MY SCHOOL! BY IT'S NAME!. Anyways, why he mentioned my school was because he was stressing his point on foreign talent.

There was a year when one of the pupils from my school did super well and got into Victoria Junior College and now he's on a scholarship to go to Oxford University to study Physics.
This boy came from India when he was 14 years old. His name is Shaym Srinivasan. (Sorry if i spelt it wrongly). He was a foregner when he first came to my school!! Geylang Methodist Secondary School!! He then, studied intensly and became the highest scorer for O'levels in Singapore (if i'm not mistaken). He got into Victoria Junior College and studied some more and now got a scholarship to study in Oxford University! He's now a Singapore Resident.

I can relate to him. Because, i came to Singapore when i was 10. I came from Indonesia and started studying here from primary 4. I was in Geylang Methodist Primary School. Then i went on to secondary school. Geylang Methodist Secondary School. I study but i wont say i get great marks like him. I don't understand how he could get such great marks?! Especially for MATH!
Maybe during his batch the math was much more simpler. Hmmm...

Anyways, i hope i would be able to get a scholarship too so that i could go to Harvard University to study LAW!!
Yes.. i want to go to HARVARD to study LAW!

This is my dream:
Get to the best class in sec 3 & 4.
Go to St. Andrew's Junior College
Then go to Harvard to study law!
Come back rich!(just kidding! But that too wont be so bad)
Help out with my family especially my dad.
Get married and have my own family! (I want kids too!)

|Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha|

I pray that i could achieve these dreams of mine.
I want to drop mathematics! If you see my results for math, you'll agree with me too! I get like 28/100 or 20/100. There was a time i got 3/10!

|sigh|
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


6.56PM

Reply tags!

Wilson: Hahax! I'm glad you agree! Oh, one more thing.. You know how to spell my name correctly!! So proud of you man! You're the first person who spelt it correctly without even asking me how!! Very proud very proud!
|flashes a BIG smile|
So happy! LoL

Comments

Popular Posts